When adding endorsements, you can either add endorsements to candidates, or candidates to your organization. For the former, you'll use the candidate's profile. For the latter, you'll use the Endorsers tab.
How do I add endorsements to one candidate’s profile?
- If the organization exists in our database for your election, you will be able to select it from the drop-down list.
- Select Edit under the endorsements section on CivicEngine, and click the Add Endorser drop-down list.
- Select an organization from the drop-down list before clicking save and done.
- The organization will now be visible in the list of endorsements, and it will immediately appear in the candidate profile on your website.
- To delete an organization, just click the red trash can on the same line.
Follow the screen recording for an example of adding an endorsement to a candidate's page.
How do I add candidates to my organization?
- If you would like to endorse candidates in bulk, you can quickly add candidates to your organization's endorsed list.
- Go to the endorsers tab in the top left of the CivicEngine dashboard
- Find and click on your organization
- Search for candidates you'd like to endorse in the drop-down list, and click on the candidate's name and then the blue plus sign on the right to add an endorsement.
- Your organization's endorsement will automatically appear on the candidate's CivicEngine profile, and their profile on your website.
Follow the screen recording for an example of bulk endorsing.
How do I remove endorsements from a candidate's profile?
- To remove an endorsement, simply click on the red x on the right of the endorsement.
How do I select different types of endorsements?
- If your organization uses different classifications for different types of endorsements, you can differentiate between them.
- Search your organization name and choose which type of endorsement to specify for that candidate e.g. “endorsing” one candidate or “recommending” another
- Besides selecting a different designation, you’ll follow the rest of the process in the same way as described above.